Graduate students who remain in good academic
standing are fully supported through a combination of teaching assistantship (typically 50 to 190
hours per year; up to 180 effective September 2017), research assistantship, external scholarships and/or University of Toronto
Current annual stipend rates (scheduled to increase up to $650 in 2017-18):
- $30,592*- base funding for students within the funded cohort**
- Up to $32,823 - holders of Ontario Graduate Scholarship, The Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarship in Science and Technology**
- Up to $34,701 - holders of NSERC Postgraduate Scholarship (PGS/CGS M, PGS-D)**
- $36,500 - holders of NSERC Postgraduate Scholarship (CGS-D)
- $50,000 - holders of NSERC Vanier
Stipends are subject to change in a given academic
their own tuition and fees from their stipend. The Department will provide a tuition scholarship for
visa students while in the funded cohort (ie. up to 4 years for PhD or up to 5 years for direct
PhD) to cover the differential between visa and domestic fees. The current tuition fee and refund
schedules are available at www.fees.utoronto.ca.
Scholarships Available for Canadian and Permanent Resident Students
*To be considered for a nomination, student must have received an offer of admission by Department of Chemistry.
**Domestic applicants who plan to apply for the NSERC CGS-M must make sure to apply by December 1; a nationwide deadline by NSERC. Contact our Chemistry Graduate Office to learn more about this funding opportunity and for assistance with your application.