Information and Resources for High School Teachers:
One of the aims of the chemical education research project is to provide information of relevance to high school teachers. While the primary focus is obviously on students taking chemistry, much of this information will be equally applicable to other science subjects.
In this section of the site you will find:
- Student Study Tips generated by undergraduate students participating in the Chemical Education ROP – feel free to share this with any of your students considering post-secondary education
- How To Study – an excellent series of short videos discussing how to study effectively, prepare for exams, and deal with setbacks. Presented by Dr. Stephen Chew (Samford U.).
- Links of interest to various resources and organizations
- Copies of ChemEd 2013 materials:
- Copies of STAO handouts and slides from presentations to teachers describing results from this research project
- Copies of TDSB Eureka workshop handouts and slides as well as direct links to some of the referenced materials (February 2011)
- The Multiple-Choice Guide to Creating Multiple-Choice Exams (updated March 10th 2014)
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions regarding these materials or the research project, please feel free to contact me by letter, phone, or e-mail.