CHM 317H1 Advanced Instrumental Analysis
Welcome to the course site for CHM 317H1, “Introduction
to Instrumental Methods of Analysis”, the second in a
series of courses covering the science of chemical detection,
identification, and measurement. This course builds on the
principles and practices covered in the
course, CHM217H1. Students taking CHM317 may also be interested
in the fourth-year analytical courses CHM414, CHM416, and CHM417.
General Course Information:
- For further information regarding registration and enrolment,
please see the Enrolment page.
- For information on the labs and required preparation, please
see the Lab Info page.
- Specific course information, including lecture materials,
lab demo groups, and announcements, will be provided through
the U of T portal
– once you are enrolled in the course, check the link
in the “My Courses” panel.
- Lectures take place every Monday and Wednesday, 2-3
- Labs take place on either Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, 9-1, in LM6 & 9
2017-18 Academic Session:
- The first lecture will be Monday January 8th 2018 at 2:00
- Mandatory lab orientation sessions will take place for each practical section on
Monday-Wednesday January 8th-10th 2018 from 11-noon in LM6
- Weekly labs commence as follows:
- P0101 will start on Monday January 15th 2018 at 9:00
- P0201 will start on Tuesday January 16th 2018 at 9:00
- P0301 will start on Wednesday January 17th 2018 at 9:00
- The lab manual will be available to download from this
site beginning mid-December
- Please check the portal course page for
contact information and announcements
- Please check the lab schedule to
determine which experiments you will be conducting. Note:
all labs start promptly at 9:00 a.m. sharp.
- Please consult the Lab Info page for
necessary preparation and information on the lab manual.
2016-17 Academic Session:
Students who have not collected their final lab reports should contact
Stone by e-mail to arrange a date and time to do so.