2010 - 2016
277. R. Ravindranath, A. Romaschin and M. Thompson, “In vitro and in vivo cell-capture strategies using cardiac stent technology - A review”, Clinical Biochemistry, 49, 186 (2016).
276. V. Crivianu-Gaita, M. Aamer, R. T. Posaratnanathan, A. Romaschin and M. Thompson, “Acoustic wave biosensor for the detection of the breast and prostate cancer metastasis biomarker protein PTHrP”, Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 78, 92 (2016).
275. V. Crivianu-Gaita, A. Romaschin and M. Thompson, “Anti-fouling properties of Fab’ fragments immobilized on silane-based adlayers”, Applied Surface Science, 359, 21 (2015).
274. P. Benvenuto, M.A.D. Neves, C. Blaszykowski, A. Romaschin, T. Chung, S-R. Kim and M. Thompson, “Adlayer-mediated Antibody Immobilization to Stainless Steel for Potential Application to Endothelial Progenitor Cell Capture” Langmuir, 31, 5423 (2015).
273. M.A.D.Neves, C. Blaszykowski, S. Bokhari and M. Thompson, “Ultra-high frequency piezoelectric aptasensor for the detection of cocaine”, Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 72, 383 (2015).
272. V. Crivianu-Gaita and M. Thompson, “Immobilization of Fab fragments onto substrate surfaces: A survey of methods and applications”, Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 70, 167 (2015).
271. V. Crivianu-Gaita, A. Romaschin and M. Thompson, “High efficiency reduction capability for the formation of Fab antibody fragments from F(ab)2 units”, Biochemical and Biophysical Research Reports, 2, 23 (2015).
270. R. Machado, C. Blaszykowski, S. Sheikh, Y. Suganuma and M. Thompson, “Ultrathin surface chemistry to delay anion fouling”, ChemPlusChem, DOI: 10.1002/cplu.201500027
269. S. Sheikh, C. Blaszykowski, D. Thompson and M. Thompson, “On the hydration of subnanometric antifouling organosilane adlayers: a molecular dynamics simulation”, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 437, 197 (2015).
268. M. Thompson, C. Blaszykowski, S. Sheikh and A. Romaschin, “A true theranostic approach to medicine: towards tandem sensor detection and removal of endotoxin in blood”, Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 67, 3 (2015).
267. I. Mihai, A. Vezeanu, C. Polonschii, S. David, S. Gaspar, B. Bucur, C. Blasyzkowski, S. Sheikh, M. Thompson and A. Vasilescu, “Low fouling SPR detection of lysozyme and aggregates”, Analytical Methods, 6, 7646 (2014).
266. L-E. Cheran, A. Cheran and M. Thompson, “Biomimicry and materials in medicine” in “Advanced Synthetic Materials in Detection Science”, (Ed. S. Reddy), RSC Publishing, Cambridge, UK, 2014, P. 1.
265. K. Fedorov , C. Blaszykowski , S. Sheikh , A. Reheman , A. Romaschin , H. Ni and M. Thompson, “Prevention of thrombogenesis from whole human blood on plastic polymer by ultrathin monoethylene glycol silane adlayer”, Langmuir, 30, 3217 (2014).
264. N.M. Pawlowska, H. Fritzsche, M. Vezvaie, C. Blaszykowski, S. Sheikh and M. Thompson, “Probing the hydration of ultra-thin antifouling silane adlayers using neutron reflectometry”, Langmuir, 30, 1199, 2014.
263. M. Thompson, S. Sheikh and C. Blaszykowski, “A perspective on the application of biosensor and lab-on-a-chip technologies to biomarker detection in biological fluids”, Austin Journal of Nanomedicine and Nanotechnology, 1, 2 (2014).
262. N. Crawley, A. Romaschin and M. Thompson, “Theranostics in the growing field of personalized medicine: an analytical chemistry perspective”, Analytical Chemistry, 86, 130 (2014).
261. C. Blaszykowski, S. Sheikh and M. Thompson, “Biocompatibility and antifouling: is there really a link?”, Trends in Biotechnology, 32, 61 (2014).
260. U.J. Krull and M. Thompson, “Analytical Chemistry”, In: Reedijk, J. (Ed.), Reference Module in Chemistry, Molecular Sciences and Chemical Engineering., Elsevier. Waltham, MA 2013, doi:10.1016/B978-0-12-409547-2.05433-0
259. M. Thompson, S. Sheikh, C Blaszykowski and A. Romaschin, “Biosensor technology and the clinical biochemistry laboratory – issue of signal interference from the biological matrix”, in “Detection Challenges in Clinical Diagnostics”, (Eds. P. Vadgama and S.F. Peteu), RSC Publishing, Cambridge, UK, 2013, P. 1.
258. S. Sheikh, C. Blaszykowski and M. Thompson, “Sacrificial BSA to block non- specific adsorption on organosilane adlayers in ultra-high frequency acoustic wave sensing, Surface and Interface Analysis, 45, 1781 (2013).
257. E. Chan, N. Jackson, A. Mathewson, P. Galvin, C. Blaszykowski, A.B. Alamin Dow, N.P. Kherani and M. Thompson, “Surface modification of aluminum nitride with functionalizable organosilane adlayers for ultra-high frequency acoustic wave seniors”, Applied Surface Science, 282, 709 (2013).
256. E. Y. L. Chak, N. M. Pawlowska, C. Blaszykowski, M. Thompson, “Scanning Kelvin probe study of photolabile silane surface modification of indium tin oxide”, Surface and Interface Analysis, 45, 1347 (2013).
255. C. Avci, S Sheikh, C. Blaszykowski and M. Thompson, “Critical role of surface hydration on the dynamics of serum adsorption studied with monoethylene glycol adlayers on gold”, Chemical Communications, 49, 466 (2013).
254. F. Nazneen, G. Herzog, W.M D. Arrigan, N. Caplice, P. Benvenuto, M. Thompson and P. Galvin, “Surface chemical and physical modification in stent technology for the treatment of coronary artery disease”, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research, B. 100, 1989 (2012).
253. C. Blaszykowski, S. Sheikh and M.Thompson, “Surface chemistry to minimize fouling from blood-based fluids”, Chemical Society Reviews, 41, 5599 (2012).
252. C. Blaszykowski, S. Sheikh, P. Benvenuto and M. Thompson, “New functionalizable alkyltrichlorosilane surface modifiers for biosensor and biomedical applications”, Langmuir, 28, 2318 (2012).
251. S. Sheikh, D. Y. Yang, C. Blaszykowski and M. Thompson, ”Single ether group in glycol- based ultra-thin layer monolayer prevents surface fouling from undiluted serum”, Chemical Communications, 48, 1305 (2012).
250. S. Sadeghi and M. Thompson, “Electrochemistry, emergent patterns and inorganic intelligent Response”, in Molecular and Supramolecular Information Processing: From Molecular Switches to Unconventional Computing, D. E. Katz, Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, Germany, 2012, P. 305.
249. F. Nazneen, P. Galvin, D. Arrigan, M. Thompson, P. Benvenuto and G. Herzog, “Electropolishing of medical-grade stainless steel in preparation for surface nano-texturing”, Journal of Solid State Electrochemistry, 16, 1389 (2012).
248. C. Blaszykowski, L.-E. Cheran and M. Thompson, “Modulation of indium-tin oxide work function by versatile self-assembled monolayer measured by scanning Kelvin nanoprobe”, Canadian Journal of Chemistry, 89, 1502 (2011).
247. S. Cheung, L.J. Fick, D. D. Belsham and M. Thompson, “Synchronization of the circadian rhythm generator and the effects of glucagon on hypothalamic mouse neurons detected by acoustic wave propagation”, Analyst, 136, 2786 (2011).
246. S. Cheung, L. J. Fick, D. D. Belsham, D.A.: Lovejoy and M. Thompson, “"Interfacial behavior of immortalized hypothalamic mouse neurons detected by acoustic wave propagation”, Analyst, 136, 4412 (2011).
245. S. Sheikh, C. Blaszykowski and M. Thompson, “Label-free detection of HIV-2 antibodies in serum with an ultra-high frequency acoustic wave sensor”, Talanta, 85, 816 (2011).
244. Detection of acute brain injury by Raman spectral signature, L-L.Tay, R. G. Tremblay, J. Hulse, B. Zurakowski, M. Thompson and M. Bani-Yaghoub, Analyst, 136, 1620 (2011).
243. S. Sadeghi, W.A. MacKay and M. Thompson, “Algorithm for online detection of signal patterns using phase synchrony: an application to an electrode array”, Measurement Science and Technology, 22, 025802 (2011).
242. J.S. Ellis and M. Thompson, “Conformational states of nucleic acid-peptide complexes monitored by acoustic wave propagation and molecular dynamics simulation”, Chemical Science, 2, 237 (2011).
241. S. Sadeghi and M. Thompson, “Towards information processing from chemistry: a synthetic electrochemical cognitive system”, BioSystems, 102, 99 (2010).
240 J.S. Ellis and M Thompson, “Viscoelastic modelling with interfacial slip of a protein monolayer electrode-adsorbed on an acoustic wave biosensor”, Langmuir, 26, 11558 (2010).
239. S. Sheikh, J. C-C. Sheng, C. Blaszykowski and M. Thompson, “Oligoethylene glycol self- assembled monolayer chemistry combined with ultra-high frequency acoustic wave biosensor for the detection of biochemical interactions”, Chemical Science, 1, 271 (2010).
238. S. Sadeghi and M. Thompson, “Temporal patterns and oscillatory voltage perturbation during an electrochemical process”, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 12. 6795 (2010).
237. T. Hianik, X. Wang, V. Tashlitsky, T. Oretskaya, S. Ponikova, M. Antalík, J.S. Ellis and M. Thompson, “Interaction of cationic surfactants with DNA detected by spectroscopic and acoustic wave techniques”, Analyst, 135, 980 (2010).
236. M. Thompson, J.S. Ellis, T. Ryan and E-L. Lyle, ”Modulation of acoustic coupling by photo- oxidation of self-assembled monolayers”, Analytical Letters, 43, 1801 (2010).
235. S. Cheung, L. Fick, D. D. Belsham and M. Thompson, “Depolarisation of surface- attached hypothalamic mouse neurons studied by acoustic wave detector”, Analyst, 135: 289 (2010).
234. J.S. Ellis, S.Q. Xu, X. Wang, G. Herzog, D.W.M. Arrigan and Michael Thompson, “Interaction of surface-attached hemoglobin with hydrophobic anions monitored by on-line acoustic wave detector”, Bioelectrochemistry, 79, 6 (2010).