Women in Chemistry, Toronto Chapter (WICTO) is student-run initiative started in 2014 to promote gender diversity within the chemistry community through awareness, engagement and advocacy.
Our goals include:
1) Initiating open discussion concerning the gender disparity in STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics)
3) Showcasing strong role models for women in our lectureship series and panel discussions
4) Providing career building and networking opportunities through professional development workshops, discussion groups and social events
5) Promoting STEM fields to young women and girls through outreach events
Our events would not be possible without the financial support of our sponsors! We are grateful for this generosity and for the continued support of our initiative.
- U of T Chemistry Department (https://www.chem.utoronto.ca/)
- U of T ChemClub (http://www.chem.utoronto.ca/wp/chemclub/)
- U of T Graduate Student Union (https://www.utgsu.ca/)
- Dr. Dwight Seferos (http://www.chem.utoronto.ca/wp/seferos/)
We highly encourage everyone to play an active role in improving gender diversity and work towards building a supportive and inclusive environment. If you would like to contact us or become a sponsor, feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org!